Recipe Link : http://www.tarladalal.com/Pasta-Cheese-Balls-22642r
Subscribe : http://goo.gl/omhUio
Tarla Dalal App: http://www.tarladalal.com/free-recipe-app.aspx
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TarlaDalalsKitchen/featured
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/107883620848727803776
Pasta Cheese Balls
Oops? Stranded with some leftover boiled Pastas ? Here is how to turn it into an aromatic, herby delicacy.
Mix up the leftover pasta with cheese, herbs and a few other ingredients, coat it in batter and bread crumbs and deep-fry to make a crunchy snack with a soft interior, that will bowl you over with its fantastic texture and memorable flavour.
Make sure you serve the Pasta Cheese Balls immediately after preparation to avoid the chewiness that takes over when molten cheese cools down.
Pasta Cheese Balls can be served as Evening Tea Snacks , After School Treats , High Tea Party and Cocktail Party .
Preparation Time: 15 minutes. Cooking Time: 20 minutes. Makes 11 balls.
1 cup leftover boiled and chopped pasta
½ cup grated processed cheese
2 tbsp butter
5 tbsp plain flour (maida)
1½ cups milk
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
1 tbsp finely chopped celery (ajmoda)
2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
Salt to taste
½ cup bread crumbs for rolling
Oil for deep-frying
To be mixed together into plain flour mixture
½ cup plain flour (maida)
¾ cup water
Tomato ketchup / chilli sauce
1. Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the plain flour and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
2. Add the milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 6 to 7 minutes or till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan and resembles a thick sauce, while stirring continuously using a whisk.
3. Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl and keep aside to cool completely.
4. Add the pasta, cheese, coriander, celery, green chillies and salt and mix well.
5. Divide the mixture into 11 equal portions and shape each portion into small rounds.
6. Dip the balls in the plain flour mixture and roll them in bread crumbs till they are evenly coated from all the sides.
7. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, and deep-fry a few balls at a time on a medium flame, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
Serve immediately with tomato ketchup or chilli sauce.